Micro needling is a skin treatment performed using a pen like wand with a single use detachable needle head of 12 tiny needles and varies in length from 0.2-2.5mm. The purpose of the treatment is to produce a controlled wound causing trauma to skin to stimulate the skin’s repairing response to generate collagen and skin tissue repair to achieve smoother softer and firmer skin.
Micro needling is a minimally invasive skin treatment with low to no down time and suitable for all skin types and condition and can be performed on any parts of the body to treat conditions such as;
- Skin texture irregularities
- Mild acne
- Hypertrophic scar caused by acne, burns or surgery
- Smooth fine line and wrinkles
- Tighten large pores
- Depigmentation including hormonal pigmentation
- Tighten loose saggy skin
The treatment is performed in a clinically safe and sterile environment and takes up to half an hour to complete and is usually well tolerated when performed with or without topical anaesthetics. Patients can expect to see mild redness and swelling post procedure lasting from 1-2 days depending on the depth of the needle penetration. It’s very important that patients ensure that post care instruction are followed and includes;
- No Heat induced activities (exercise, sauna and hot showers)
- No direct or prolonged Sun exposure
- No active skin care for three day (vit A, Vit C, AHA)
- No touching or picking the skin as it heals
Although Micro needling is safe and effective there are contraindication to having the treatment and it’s important that patients notify their therapist if any of the following applies to them.
- Active acne
- Herpes simplex infections
- Eczema, psoriasis and other chronic skin conditions.
If you would like to book an appointment for any of our treatments, you can do that today by visiting here.